Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Pockets Rock!
The big news today is that Maggie wore JEANS! Some of you know she refuses to wear jeans, and mostly wants to wear dresses. Yesterday after school she said she wanted to wear jeans today. This surprised me, but I was thinking maybe she was cold and decided jeans would be warmer. Well, this morning I found out the REAL reason! After she was dressed she started looking for all her Puppy in my Pocket toys. The reason she wanted to wear jeans was because they have pockets! I guess she is seeing the other girls in her class bringing in these tiny toys smuggled in their pockets, and she can't because dresses don't have pockets. It's funny to see what motivates our children to do things us grown-ups can't make them do. Now I just have to hope she doesn't get in trouble with her puppies at school. She said she would only play with them on the playground, so we'll see how that goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's funny! When Emily was in kindergarten, she only wanted to wear dresses to school. Whenever we made her wear shorts or pants, she would get so upset and scream, "I'M UGLY!!" She still likes to wear dresses, but she rarely wears them to school anymore.
Post a Comment