I made a Red Velvet cake for Bruce. I'd never made one of these before so it was a new experience. Can you just say "Holy, red dye Batman!" I was amazed how much of the stuff I needed. I had to make an extra store run for more! I think I gave everyone in my family red dye poisoning with this cake!

All the ingredients.

Anyone see a hidden Mickey? Not done on purpose I might add.

Oh, they came out so pretty!

Mmmmm, I made lots of frosting. Butter, cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and powdered sugar!

Awwwww, isn't it cute?

I think Bruce liked his present, and was kind enough to share!

Yummy!

Now time for gifts!

Maggie loves bubble gum, and was very happy with her "year's supply" as she called it. Glad she didn't notice that I put Erin's in her bag. Of course Erin noticed Maggie's name when she opened hers up. Oooops!

And a chocolate heart for Erin that she said she would share with daddy! My kids are so sweet, and now they are going to be even sweeter with all the candy they got yesterday. AND we still have Halloween candy left. I think I need to throw that out!

4 comments:
My recipe for Red Velvet Cake is a lot simpler than that. It involves a box.
Yummy Holly. Nothing like a good old homemade red velvet cake. Bruce is one lucky guy.
Yay! You found cake flour! Did you have to go somewhere else to get it?
No, I found it at Publix. I had to find someone to show me where it was. Dumb me was looking in the flour section, but it was in with the cake mixes. Dub... LOL
Post a Comment