Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Today we celebrated a wonderful Easter! The Easter Bunny came, and was very good to the girls. After all the morning festivities we headed down to my parent's home. Where the Easter Bunny struck again! Maggie was able to tell Grandpa with a strait face that she hadn't eaten any candy yet today! Yeah right! The Easter Bunny must have had more energy while visiting my parent's because he actually took the time to hide Easter Eggs for the girls to hunt. They were very excited to find all the eggs were filled with quarters! After the fun hunt they settled down for another round of candy eating. I think Maggie downed about 6 Peeps in less then a minute. After the sugar rush, and waiting for dinner when we could eat again we crashed in the living room, and watched Maggie's new movie from the Easter Bunny, Enchanted. Loved it on Mom and Dad's new huge HDTV with surround sound! Anyway after the movie we stuffed ourselves again, with the highlight being mom's sunflower Peep chocolate cake! Yum!

After we arrived back home I told the girls I had eaten ZERO candy today (not one of my weaknesses, plus being sick helped). BUT Erin reminded me I had a piece of cake and it had Peeps on it, so I did have candy! Okay, smarty pants you got me!

Now you may enjoy some pictures from our fun filled day.























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun day - thanks for sharing it with us, Love Mom and Dad

Working Mama said...

What a day - LOVED, LOVED that cake! I have never seen a Peeps cake - how cute! It looks like the girls had a great time with their grandparents. I can't belive how much the girls have grown when you look at the old Easter pics!
Andrea