Friday, July 18, 2008

I HATE Spiders!

When Maggie said there was a spider in her bedroom, and it's really big I was hoping she was just exaggerating. She wasn't! Since Bruce wasn't here to scream for I had to put on my big girl panties, and take care of it myself. Maggie said to put on shoes and step on it. NO WAY, I couldn't get that close to it. Next choice - go into the garage, and find whatever had the longest handle I could wack it with. Found a broom! Before I could get the courage to wack it I had to take a picture of the damn thing. I only wish you could tell how big it was. I thought about putting a quarter on the ground next to it before I took the picture, but once again that would mean getting too close to it. After I told it to say cheese I put down the camera, picked up the broom, and gave it about 40 wacks before it quit moving! Then once again picked up the camera, so I could document how brave I was in actually killing a monsterly huge spider. By the way, nobody tell Bruce I did this because then I wouldn't be able to scream for him every time I see a bug.

Now I need to try not to think about Charlotte's Web because I'll feel too much guilt in killing that damn spider!





1 comment:

Karen said...

We get those spiders around here too. I hate them!!! They are fast too. I'll never forget the time Natalie was over visiting (she was pregnant with Rachel at the time) and Shawn spotted one of those spiders in the hall. I was freaking out so Natalie asked me if I wanted her to kill it. Yes, I did have the pregnant girl kill a spider for me only when she went to kill it, a ton of baby spiders scattered everywhere. We were laughing and freaking out at the same time. My remedy? Get the vacuum cleaner out!