Today my friend Karlise blogged about the tv and music she remembered from the 80's. This made me think about what I watched in the 80's. One of the only things that stands out is MTV. Seems like that was always the first thing I put on when I got home from school, and it would stay on until my parents got home. I don't remember them being big fans of MTV. When I was with my friends we always had MTV on. Those were the good ol' days when they actually played music videos. Do they even play any videos any more. I don't watch MTV now, but when I pass it by channel surfing I never see videos on. It's the same with VH1, do they ever show videos? I do watch VH1 now and then, but it's usually the shows making fun of the 80's or re-runs of America's Next Top Model. SO whatever happened to good ol' videos? Okay, I'm getting a little off track here. So when I think of TV in the 80s this is what comes to mind.
Although after I graduated high school and started working I watched less MTV. Instead I would fast forward through 3 hours of soap operas every night when I got home from work. I remember watching a lot of Days of our Lives, As the World Turns, and Guiding Light.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My neighborhood was one of the 1st ones to get cable when it came out. I remember when MTV started. I was hooked from day one. One of my big memories from when I was a child was when all of the kids from the neighborhood gathered in front of the TV to watch the World Premier of Michael Jackson's Thriller.
Boy have things changed. MTV no longer plays videos and, well, we all know what happened to Michael Jackson.
Post a Comment