Well, here is my version. Didn't you just love the 70's?


Me, my mom and dad in all our polyester glory!

Here is Bruce (far right) with his family.
So was it the law in the 70's that everyone must get portraits done at Olan Mills? Actually Bruce and I had our engagement pictures done at Olan Mills in 1997. Luckily by then they had done away with the lovely backgrounds of the 70's.

6 comments:
I think I might have to get my box of pictures out and share all my Olan Mills goodies. Are they even around anymore?
Dh and I had our engagement pic done at Olan Mills!
Julie,
Olan Mills has joined up with K-Mart. I had Sarah and Emily's photos done with them a few years ago, and they were gorgeous. Phil and I also had photos taken at the studio in Regency (not sure if it's still there) when we got married.
Oh, we have the Olan Mills family portraits too. I might have to see if my mom will scan a few for me sometime. Thanks for the flashback!
Ahhh....good ole Olan Mills. That was our family's place of choice too. I'll have to dig out the photos of my dad in his red,white and blue leisure suit.
I think we look good in Polyester -- I hate those glasses we were wearing - but I guess we were in style. Love, Mom
Post a Comment